These 5 or so books about transportation history were interesting and well worth reading. There are lots of others as well, please recommend in the comments.
- Down the Asphalt Path – Clay McShane
- The Transportation Revolution, 1815-1860 – George Rogers Taylor
- Streetcar Suburbs: The Process of Growth in Boston, 1870-1900 – Sam Bass Warner
- Dr. Eckener’s Dream Machine: The Great Zeppelin and the Dawn of Air Travel – Douglas Botting
- The King’s Best Highway: The Lost History of the Boston Post Road, the Route That Made America – Eric Jaffe